One of the services the Liquor Stores Association of WA has proudly provided forever are the annual Liquor Industry Awards.
As many will know, the new management of the LSAWA has been working hard over the past 18 months to review, improve and update a number of the Association’s systems and services – and we have come a very long way.
Having now kicked many of our highest priority goals (and dealing with some we didn’t ask for), we are now moving forward on some of the second phase objectives – one of which being a review and refresh of our annual awards to ensure they are more relevant and credible than ever.
As a result, the LSAWA Board has approved the following categories of awards:
- WA Liquor Store of the Year – Metropolitan
- WA Liquor Store of the Year – Non-metropolitan
- Liquor Industry Community Service Award
- Best online presence
- Young Retailer of the Year
- Best product promotion
- Corporate Member of the Year: Beer suppliers
- Corporate Member of the Year: Wine suppliers
- Corporate Member of the Year: Spirit and RTD suppliers
- Corporate Member of the Year: General suppliers
- Sales Representative of the Year (Sub-categories of Beer suppliers, Wine suppliers, Spirit and RTD suppliers, General Suppliers and Industry Newcomer)
There has been some big and exciting changes, not just in the categories, but we have also put in a lot of effort to develop judging criteria and processes that significantly strengthen the independence and credibility of each award – making them much more valuable to the winners who should be able to be legitimately proud to have been judged the best in their category.
LSAWA Members will receive a direct email this week with nomination and voting details, including printable signs to display at POS to encourage customers to get involved and support excellence in our valuable industry.